You are here

Obtaining Copies of Documents

  1. Internet – Documents, which have been electronically imaged, can be accessed on the internet via Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER).  PACER is an electronic public access service to obtain case and docket information online.  For information about PACER registration, please contact PACER at 1-800-676-6856 or at  PACER Service Center
  2. U.S. Postal Mail – The court can mail copies to you.  Payment is required in advance.  Requests must be made in writing and then mailed to the court with payment.  To determine the number of pages for copies, please contact the court.
  3. Clerk’s Office - Copies of electronically imaged documents may be obtained by visiting the clerk’s office.  Documents can be printed from the court’s Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) system from one of several public computers in the clerk’s office lobby.

Documents in cases filed prior to December 1, 2003, that are stored in CM/ECF, may only be viewed at the public terminals located at the Clerk's Office.

Non-ECF/Archived Cases

Documents from Non-ECF/Archived Cases have been sent to the Federal Records Center (FRC) and may be available subject to disposition and retention schedules.

  1. You may order directly from the FRC. Please be sure to first contact the court for specific location information about the files. Once this information is acquired, you may request copies from the FRC by completing and mailing an FRC Request Form to the FRC or by making the request on-line. Please refer to the FRC website for information on fees.
  2. The second option is to have the archived file delivered to the court for viewing. Send the request in writing to the court with method of payment. You will be notified by the court when the file arrives. Please allow 10 business days for the file to be delivered to the court.

Copy/Archival Fees

Detailed information on copy/archival fees may be obtained in the Forms and Fees section of the website.

Payment Options

  1. Money order or cashier’s check (payable to: Clerk, US Bankruptcy Court)
  2. Cash – exact amount only, the Clerk's office does not make change.  Cash will only be accepted when visiting the clerk’s office - please do not mail cash to the court.

    *The court does not accept personal checks.

Court Locations and Contact Information for Copy Requests

Court locations and Contact Information for Copy Requests

211 West Fort St
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 234-0065
8:30am to 4:00pm (M-F)

226 West Second St
Flint, MI 48502
(810) 235-4126
8:30am to 4:00pm (M-F)

Bay City
111 First St
PO Box 911
Bay City, MI 48707
(989) 894-8840
8:30am to 4:00pm (M-F)