Notice of Court Closing (September 28, 2007)
NOTICE OF COURT CLOSING
Pursuant to Administrative Order 07-07 signed by the Honorable Steven W. Rhodes,
all divisions of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan will
be closed Friday, September 28, 2007.
The court’s Electronic Case Files System (ECF) will be available to all Filers and Users. The
Office of the U.S. Trustee will be conducting meetings of creditors on Friday, September 28, 2007.
For traditional paper filings, the following procedures have been implemented for
September 28, 2007 for emergency filings only.
In the Detroit office, a drop box will be utilized to accept emergency filings. This drop box will be
located outside the Intake Department on the 21st Floor of the 211 W. Fort Building. The drop box
will be available between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. All pleadings/petitions placed in the
drop box on September 28, 2007 will be processed as though filed on September 28, 2007.
Procedures for utilizing the drop box in the Detroit office are as follows:
1. All pleadings and petitions must be placed in an envelope which will be provided at
2. The outside of the envelope must indicate the following information:
• Name of case
• Case number (if applicable)
• Name and phone number of party leaving pleading
• Date and time
• Amount of check enclosed (if applicable)
3. A self-addressed, stamped envelope should be enclosed for return of filed pleadings
4. DO NOT LEAVE CASH IN THE BOX; IF A FEE IS REQUIRED, A
CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MAY BE PLACED IN THE BOX.
Flint and Bay City Offices
In the Flint and Bay City divisional offices, the U.S. District Court intake department will be
accepting emergency filings.